Auckland Pride recognises the importance of protecting your privacy.
You are not required to provide us with any personal information that we request. However, if you do not do so, we may not be able to communicate with you or provide certain services to you.
Additional rights and obligations
Collection of personal information
Types of personal information we may collect
The personal information we collect will vary depending on how you use our website or services, or otherwise interact with us. For example, we may collect your:
Contact information, such as your name, telephone number, and email address.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect your personal information from a third party if you have authorised them to provide, or authorised us to collect, that information.
For example, we collect your personal information from you when you:
- Register for the Proud Centres
- Apply for the Pride & Spark Empowerment Initiative
- Apply for the Access Pride Fund
- Register your Festival Event
- Make a donation
- Make a complaint, enquiry, or provide feedback
- Register to volunteer
- Subscribe to email updates
- Become a member of Auckland Pride
- Register/buy a ticket of an event produced by Auckland Pride
When you use our website, we may also collect information that does not identify you (or any other individual), such as analytical information about use of our Websites. When you use our Websites, short text files called “cookies” may be automatically downloaded to your computer or mobile device. Cookies enable us to provide you with a better experience by enabling our website to know that you have visited before and in some cases to record preferences in order to personalise your visit. Cookies also assist us to analyse the profile of our visitors.
These can be session cookies which are deleted when you close your browser and/or persistent cookies which remain on your computer or mobile device for a longer period of time. To delete or stop cookies being placed on your computer refer to the help menu on your internet browser. In a few cases blocking cookies may reduce the functionality of our Websites or otherwise prevent access to them depending on your chosen browser options.
Payment card information
We use a payment service provider to process all payments made using our Websites. Our current payment service provider is Stripe.
Your payment card number is not held by, and is never revealed to, Auckland Pride.
Information you provide to third party ticketing providers
Auckland Pride and its Festival events use third party ticketing providers (such as EventBrite) for all events in the Auckland Pride Festival and Queer Agenda. Auckland Pride will have access to contact information provided to events organised by us (such as the Pride March), and will only require contact information from third party event organises for the purpose of contact tracing.
Use of personal information
Auckland Pride may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- For the general operation of Auckland Pride and our events
- To monitor use of our Websites
- To process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you
- For any other purpose that is authorised by you or permitted by law.
- We may also use your contact information to send you information about Auckland Pride (such as information about our events or ways to support Auckland Pride). This may include contacting you via email, phone or other electronic means. To opt-out of receiving communications you can email us at [email protected].
- We may use aggregated and anonymous information for research and analytical purposes (we will ensure that you cannot be identified as identifiable characteristics are removed).
Disclosure of personal information
- Our partners, contractors, and service providers, to assist us with the operation of the Auckland Pride Festival and its events
- Any other party authorised by you or to whom we are required or authorised to disclose personal information in accordance with applicable law.
- We require any third parties to adhere to our confidentiality requirements and to the requirements of the Privacy Laws.
If we send personal information overseas, either directly or via a third party, we will ensure that any such transfer of personal information will only be undertaken in compliance with applicable laws, including the Privacy Laws.
Storage of personal information
Security of your information is very important to us. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to protect personal information that we hold. However, due to the inherent nature of the internet, we are not able to guarantee the security of any information that you hold or that you transmit to us.
We rely on you to update us if your contact details change (please refer to the Contact Us section below).
Access and correction of personal information
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to access and request correction of any personal information that we hold about you. Please refer to the Contact Us section below.
12 Madden Street
Email: [email protected]