This seminar looks at the nature of religious abuse and conversion therapy, especially in the context of Christian based religions.
We’ll be looking at:
• The subtle, and not so subtle, methods of trying to make us “straight”.
• The use and abuse of doctrines and the bible
• The mental health issues faced by victims
• Ways of addressing the issues and finding a way forward
• Untangling our beliefs from reality
Silent Gays provides ways to understand the depth of the issues and resources to build a new life founded on freedom, peace and unconditional love
This activity is part of Proud Centres – Auckland Council initiative supporting the 2021 Auckland Pride Festival by transforming arts, community and events venues into Proud Centres and hosting a series of over 150 FREE diverse, inclusive events across Tāmaki Makaurau.
Due to the announcement that Auckland moved to Alert Level Three on the 27th, this event has been postponed. Festival COVID-19 Information ›