As Auckland Pride continues to respond to COVID-19 and the implementation of our Alert Level Two & Three plans, we will be providing daily updates on the status of our Festival Events that have been affected by the changes in Alert Levels.
A total of 87 Pride events have been affected by the changes in COVID-19 Alert Levels, 34 of which have been postponed as a result. We’re working quickly with our event organisers to secure new dates with venues, artists, and communities.
15 of these events have been updated with new dates today, and we will have further updates tomorrow. These postponement dates will only apply if we’re in Alert Level One on their rescheduled date.
At this stage we are planning with the expectation we can proceed with the Pride March and Pride Party on the 27th of February, and will confirm this when the Prime Minister announces any changes to Alert Level Settings on Monday.
We’re incredibly heartened to have 20 Pride events continue over the next five days at Alert Level Two. We’ve worked with our event organisers and venues to ensure that these can go ahead safely in person, so please support these events and make sure their limited capacities are sold out!
New Dates for Postponed Pride Events:
Additional Updates for Pride Events:
We’ll provide further updates when they come to hand. In the meantime, we ask that everyone follow Government advice around Alert Level Two, to wear masks, stay socially distanced, and observe gathering limits. We can stamp out COVID-19 again in our community, as we’ve done twice before.
We know that this is a stressful time for our community, artists and event organisers. OUTLine continues to provide support by calling 0800 688 5463 between 6-9pm. We will get through this together, so look after yourselves, be kind, and let’s unite against COVID-19.
Subscribe for Auckland Pride announcements and Festival updates.