The Auckland Pride Festival, in collaboration with Spark, is excited to announce a new initiative for Pride 2020, designed to help support diverse rainbow communities bring creative events and projects to life during the 2020 Auckland Pride Festival. By providing funding and support, the initiative will break yet another barrier to participation in the festival.
Funding for events in the 2020 Festival will solve the previously unaddressed need of resourcing for diverse and less-privileged voices in the Pride Festival, allowing for the full talent of our communities to be shown in a display of queer excellence across Tāmaki Makaurau.
The Pride & Spark Empowerment Initiative will also include workshops and access to mentors. The workshops will ensure that vital, relevant advice and information, on topics like finances, event management, marketing and sponsorship, is given to those wanting to put on events as part of the festival. Mentors will volunteer their time to share their industry knowledge, insight, and tips on a particular project.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Your event needs to be a part of the Auckland Pride Festival – running from the 1st to the 16th of February 2020.
- Your event needs to benefit rainbow communities in Tāmaki Makaurau
- Auckland Pride will be prioritising events organised by individuals and organisations who haven’t had significant involvement in previous Pride Festivals. This is to ensure that the Empowerment Initiative is supporting new and emerging event producers/artists. Regardless, everyone is encouraged to apply.
- There are three amounts of funding available: $500, $1000, and $2000
- Expressions of interest for the mentors and workshops are taken in the form below. If you wish to express interest but not apply for funding, please email us here.
- Applications are now closed. Successful applicants will be notified by the 10th of January